A position on the CalOptima Member Advisory Committee has recently become available and applications are now being accepted. The position is to represent Foster Children in the community by advising the CalOptima Board of Directors and Staff through the Member Advisory Committee.
Recommendations and input form the community are vital to the operations of CalOptima, the Member Advisory Committee provides for this. It is crucial that advocates for the constituencies effected by CalOptima policy and programs have a say in what gets done. Representing the interests of Foster Children in the community to an agency such as CalOptima is an important and critical role in protecting and advancing their interests.
The seat being offered is available to interested candidates that work with Foster Children and have experience and knowledge with Medi-Cal and Medicare. The CalOptima Board encourages members of the community and advocates to become involved.
The Member Advisory Committee consists of 15 members representing the various constituencies that CalOptima serves and performs many important functions. Some of it’s duties include:
- Providing advice and recommendations to the CalOptima Board concerning programs.
- Studying, researching, and analyzing issues assigned by the Board or generated by the committee.
- Serving as a liaison between interested parties and the Board.
- Assisting the board in obtaining public opinion in regards to issues related to CalOptima programs.
- Providing recommendations on issues of study to the Boards for their approval and consideration.
- Facilitating community outreach for the CalOptima Board.
Member Advisory Committee meetings are bi-monthly and service on the committee is voluntary with no salary. The seat will have an effective term through June 30th, 2018. To apply or nominate someone for the opening, please mail, fax or email an application by December 16th, 2016, along with a biography or resume to: CalOptima. Attn: Becki Melli, 505 City Parkway West, Orange, CA 92868; or email: email@example.com. Documents containing general information about the position and an application form you can fill out can be found here. All community stakeholders are welcome and encouraged to apply. If you have any questions, please call 714-246-8635.