CalOptima is seeking a candidate to participate on the CalOptima Member Advisory Committee. The 15-member panel advises the CalOptima Board of Directors on ways to increase accountability and improve health care access for Orange County patients.
“We need the public’s help to enhance community engagement and increase accountability at CalOptima,” said Orange County Supervisor Andrew Do, who represents the First District on the Orange County Board of Supervisors. “The CalOptima Member Advisory Committee provides valuable input that helps the Board of Directors find new ways to improve care for patients in Orange County.”
Recruitment is now open for the seat on the Member Advisory Committee designated for a recipient of CalWORKS. Individuals with knowledge of Medi-Cal and Medicare are encouraged to apply.
Supervisor Andrew Do said that the ideal candidate will have an interest in putting patients first.
“We want a board member that will help bring the patient’s voice to our health care system,” he said. ” The ideal candidate will fight for patients to gain greater control over their health care decisions.”
The deadline to apply is August 1, 2016. The application is available here.
For additional information about the Member Advisory Committee, please call 714-246-8635.
Responsibilities of the CalOptima Member Advisory Committee
- Provides advice and recommendations on issues concerning CalOptima programs
- Serves as a liaison between stakeholders and the CalOptima Board of Directors
- Engages in study, research and analysis of issues assigned by the CalOptima Board of Directors
Desired Qualifications for Open Seat on the CalOptima Member Advisory Committee
- Recipient of CalWorks – Required
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal and Medicare
- Interest in Advocating for Patients & Representing Patients’ Interests
How to Apply for the CalOptima Member Advisory Committee
- Email your application, biography or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax your application, biography or resume to: (714) 481-6469.
- Mail your application, biography or resume to:
Attention: Becki Melli
505 City Parkway West
Orange, CA 92868